The Hardin County Board of Education has approved a new last day of school for the 2021-22 school year.
Before its meeting Thursday evening, the last day of school for students was set for Tuesday, May 31, 2022. The new last day of school for students is now Thursday, May 26, 2022.
Hardin County Schools Superintendent Teresa Morgan shared with the Board that 1062 hours and 170 days of instruction are required by state law. However, in the special session of the Kentucky General Assembly in the fall of 2021, the only requirement specified for the 2021-22 school year is the 1,062 hours of instruction.
By amending the calendar and allowing the school year to end for students on May 26, 172 days of instruction and 1,062 hours are accomplished.
The Board also approved graduation dates for Central Hardin High School, John Hardin High School, North Hardin High School and Hardin County High School & GED program.
- Hardin County High School/GED
- Saturday, May 21
- College View Campus
- Graduates will receive individual appointments to walk across the graduation stage
- North Hardin High School
- Friday, May 27, 2022
- Ray Story Stadium (on the NHHS campus)
- 7:30 pm
- John Hardin High School
- Saturday, May 28, 2022
- Bulldog Stadium (on the JHHS campus)
- 11 am
- Central Hardin High School – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Monday, May 30, 2022
- Site – Graduation will not be on CHHS campus because of the school’s renovation project. CHHS and HCS are working with venues that will allow ample parking and seating for the family and friends of nearly 400 graduates. A site will be announced when the details are finalized.
- 6 pm